Visual Cortex is out of stock. A new production batch is expected to be finished March/April 2017.
Visual Cortex is an integrated core module with all the essential functions required for modular video synthesis in the EuroRack format. Alone it is capable of a wide variety of processes: multi-format video input and output, shape and pattern synthesis, rich analog RGB color effects, master horizontal/vertical waveform and sync generation, luma and chroma keying, and much more. When extended by other video synthesis modules from LZX Industries, it serves as a powerful base station from which to expand.
- The input decoder section prepares external video for processing inside the modular video synthesis system. The input is Component/YPbPr for full color analog processing. The Y input may be used by Composite video sources for monochromatic video only.
- Output encoder translates any type of voltage — video, audio, CV, logic — into video signals suitable for display or recording. Outputs include Composite, S-Video and Component/YPbPr.
- Sync generator produces master video synchronization for distribution throughout your system. It can genlock to an external source for synchronous processing. Timing formats include NTSC/480i and PAL/576i.
- Animation and key generator is a multi-function control voltage generator and video key generator designed for controlling switching and compositing functions of the colorizer and compositor section.
- Colorizer and compositor is a multi-function analog RGB processor designed to combine two sets of RGB signals into a single composite output. Blending modes include crossfading, addition/subtraction, and multiplication. Analog color effects include color inversion, RGB solarization, and a triple band linear colorizer.
- Ramp generator is a synchronous waveform generator which generates horizontal and vertical waveform outputs in a variety of shapes, including sawtooth, triangle, parabolic and exponential curves. These core waveforms are used heavily for the generation of shapes and patterns.
Available on backorder
|Dimensions||6 x 6 x 3 in|
1.75 inches (44.45mm)
|+12V Power Consumption||
|-12V Power Consumption||
Sync output via rear RCA jack and 14-pin Sync Distribution Bus header. Sync input via rear RCA jack or input decoder.