Cyclops is an interface module which converts EuroRack modular signals to the International Laser Display Association (ILDA) specification for laser show projectors. We recommend connecting Cyclops to a EuroRack modular system rich in VCOs (especially quadrature sources), multipliers, and signal mixers in order to synthesize a full range of oscillographics patterns and lissajous geometries.
- Compatible with any RGB laser projector with an ILDA standard input port.
- 5 channel interface: X & Y Position (+/-5V) and Red, Green & Blue (0-5V.) Configuration switches on the module rear alternatively allow selection of LZX video standard signals (0-1V.)
- Voltage Control Input, Voltage Control Attenuator and Bias Control per input channel.
- Input inversion switches for X & Y voltage control inputs.
- Master XY scale control sets overall size of laser image.
- ILDA standard differential output drivers for each channel to ILDA standard DB25 connector port. A DB25 serial cable is all you need to connect this module to a wide range of compatible laser projectors.
- Selectable low-pass filters on X & Y channels with settings for 20KPPS and 30KPPS projectors & filter bypass.
- Interlock & Shutter switches for remote control of laser projector.
What laser should I buy? Any RGB laser with an ILDA standard input port will work. The laser projectors we used while testing were generic models purchased from Chinese sellers on eBay and cost around $250 USD.
Warning! High frequency signals can damage some laser projectors. While the module does include field and bench tested protection filtering against high frequencies as a default feature, you should always listen for loud buzzing or distorted noises coming from your projector which may indicate it is being driven faster than its galvos can handle. Adjust filter settings and use this module at your own risk.
|Dimensions||6 x 4 x 2 in|
1.25 inches (31.75mm)
|+12V Power Consumption||
|-12V Power Consumption||